JOB SUPPORT SCHEME POSTPONED
As a result of the national lockdown the Job Support scheme has been postponed, as furlough was extended, but as December kicks in you will need to write these letters to your staff, whether you are open or closed and agree new working terms.
We have provided the sample template letters to download, but you also should read the full details on the Job Support Scheme covered in our JSS blog
Our payroll team, Joan, Kate and Karen will help you with any additional worries you have on J.S.S. and don't forget our main Covid 19 business support section will provide you with all the information you need through the coming weeks.
A separate JSS Open document is needed for all staff where businesses are still allowed to stay open, but are struggling with severe lack of demand, and need to access flexible working support from the JSS Open from November 1st.
If any employee has been previously furloughed, a new letter or agreement will be needed for the employee in order to make a claim for the grant on the JSS.
What do you need to do next?
· Employers must agree the new arrangements with their staff,
· Make any changes to the employment contract by agreement
· Notify the employee in writing.
· Where the claim is made under the JSS Closed the written agreement must state that the employee has been instructed to and agreed to stop working for a minimum of 7 consecutive calendar days.
Employers must maintain records relating to the terms of the temporary working agreements for each employee, and : -
· Make sure that the agreement is consistent with employment, equality and discrimination laws
· Keep a written record of the agreement for 5 years
· Keep records of how many hours employees work and the number of usual hours they are not working
If the employee has been previously furloughed, a new letter or agreement will be needed for the employee in order to make a claim for the grant.
DOWNLOAD YOUR TEMPLATED LETTERS
Use these template letters for confirming agreement with your employee to:-
· Change and reduce their hours for the JSS Open,
· To not work their hours whilst the business is closed for the JSS Closed.
For businesses that are legally required to close
A letter for employers explaining the terms of an agreement to employees under the Job Support Scheme Closed (JSS Closed)
For businesses that are open
A letter for employers explaining the terms of an agreement with employees to reduce their working hours temporarily under the Job Support Scheme Open (JSS Open)
The agreements must be made available to HMRC on request.
HMRC expect employers to fully inform their employees of the claims being made.